Sunday, January 31, 2010

time to hammer out the details :)


So, this weekend we got a lot of snow. Well, a lot of snow for Raleigh, NC that is. I was supposed to work on Saturday, ugh. But luckily the snow convinced the owners to close the salon for the day, and I took advantage of the stolen time.

Earlier this week, my maid of honor came over for the evening and helped me assemble the invitations. We used a printer {pip printing} who cut all the paper, printed & punched the holes in the paper for us. So all we had to do was tie in the ribbons & I had to stamp them. Every. Single. One. But it was so worth it because I love them! They turned out exactly how I wanted them to be.
Our guest list is rather scary, I might add. Mom and I took the time on Saturday morning {snow day} to stuff the invite envelopes. This is a scary sight, especially because it doesn't include all of my future family in law invites. I'll be bringing the invites over to my FML sometime this week. She's been nice enough to offer to address her side of the family for us.

I also decided to use silk flowers for our wedding. I was convinced {easily} because I am not a fan of spending a lot of money on something that just wont last. Flowers die, right? Well, I figured none of our guest will get up and walk out because our bouquets are silk, right? I didn't think so. Here is a glimpse of my bouquet. I'm so excited that I get to enjoy it until the big day :)

I am starting to get stupid excited! With Jonathan being gone until May, the days aren't passing nearly as quickly as I'd like for them to. And not that I want to wish the time away, but I do miss him terribly. Luckily, our MOH & BM are taking a trip with me Valentine's Day weekend down to GA to visit him.

{I apologize for the poor quality of these photos. They were all taken with the blackberry to tweet. lame-o, i know :)}

No comments:

Post a Comment