Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fall Into Perfection :)

I'm happy to say that plans are swimming along wonderfully.  We have moved the date to May 22, 2010.  This date leaves us some breathing time between Jonathan's Grad School semester & the wedding allowing us to go on our honeymoon directly after the wedding.  Who wants to wait a month or two to go on their honeymoon, anyway!?  

The church has been booked and our first meeting with the priest has been set for July 22nd.  

Yesterday Mom, Kelly & I drove out to Burlington to the Bridal Mart.  I tried on a few dresses that were nice dresses.  None of them, however, felt like my "WEDDING DRESS."  After taking the dresses off, I was somewhat discouraged.  There was one still hanging in my little dressing nook, but I really contemplated even trying it on because it didn't look like what I was looking for.  Alas, I tried it on anyway.  There were no mirrors back in the dressing part of the store, so Kelly & I wandered out to the big mirror where my mother was sitting.  Much to my surprise, the dress was perfect!  I can't believe how real the wedding is starting to feel now!  All the little details are starting to fall into place and everything is being set into motion!  We're Getting Married!

Today, we had a meeting set with Ana, the event coordinator at The North Raleigh Hilton.  Mom & I went over to the hotel & met Jonathan and his mom there (yes, Ms. Hodges decided to come).  Again, much to my surprise, everything went very smoothly.  The venue is beautiful & accommodating.  Towards the end of the meeting, Ms. Hodges borrowed me for a few minutes and took me into the little library where she gave me a very tearful apology.  She apologized for the way she's made me feel over the past six years, and she welcomed me into their family.  After we chatted, we went back out into the lobby area where Jonathan & my mom were, and she gave my mother an apology as well.  Courageous, if you ask me.  Heres to new beginnings and moving forward!  

Pieces are falling and they are landing perfectly :)  

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment