Tuesday, May 19, 2009

He Asked & She Said "It's About Time!"

So we're finally engaged!  Jonathan asked me very plain and simply to be his wife on May 2nd, 2009.  We were completely in our own element and as always completely in love.  It was perfect.  He caught me by surprise which I was certain at this point was impossible.  He placed a beautiful, sparkly princess diamond on my left finger and thus began our journey.  Engaged. It's all it's cracked up to be, right?

So we've only been engaged three weeks and we're already off to a rocky start.  Don't get me wrong, we are as deep in love as ever, but you knot it wouldn't be us if it weren't difficult.  I was teased early and thought everything would just work out, just like that.  We picked a date & set the church and we were in bliss.  Then logic set in.  The date we picked would simply not do under certain circumstances which has now left most of our plans tossed up in the air with everyone's hearts tossed up with them.  I'm very easily stressed out, especially when plans don't pan out, so as most of you can imagine this isn't easy for me which means it's easy for no one.  I make it that way.  I'm aware of that.  I never thought I'd wear the bridezilla hat, but I think I could have been wrong.  I look really bad in hats.

So what was going to be our April wedding has now dissolved & a backup plan has yet to be made.  I'm impatient.  I need it all planned now.  I don't do well with things being unsettled.  I can already see that much sleep will be lost in the next year.  I make things into a much bigger deal than they need to be.  Oh stress, how you will be my best friend this year.

So here we are.  Three weeks in.  A church booked for the wrong date.  A wedding planning book with all the wrong information filled out (in ink, of course).  I should invest in some pencils.  Plans change.  I need to get on board.  

In all of this, I just hope I never lose sight of the fact that this beautiful ring on my left hand signifies that someday in the near future I get to marry my best friend.  

this. is. a. happy. thing: remember this.

We have to remember what's most important.  We would love to make everyone happy, but we have to remember that that is impossible.  

What's Important:
We both show up :)
Our parents are present.  ALL. OF. THEM. no exceptions.
We share this with the people who mean the most to us.

We are joining two separate lives as one.  This will not be easy, but it will be worth it.

We're Getting MARRIED!  :) :) :) 

Until Next Time

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment