Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mommy to the rescue

I think we've overcome the date issue.  I never realized how difficult it would be to choreograph people, places, etc.  We made a few calls & have found that our church, a few venues of choice & families all work out on a particular date!  There is nothing more relieving than that!  

So far our first choice for a reception venue is The Renaissance in North Hills.  They offer all inclusive packages that keep the stress level low & the money reasonable.  Plus it's beautiful!  I like the idea that if our guests stay there that it's close to my parent's house and there is lots to do within walking distance ( movies, restaurants, coffee, shops, etc...).  

Other venues we are considering are a couple of the Hiltons & Brier Creek Country Club.  We will be setting up tours for all of these places and will be making a solid decision here in the next little while.  

I have already designed our wedding favors.  I just have to go in and change the date on those (thank GOD I didn't bite the bullet this weekend & go ahead and order them!)
I have also already chosen part of my bridesmaids' gifts & will be ordering those soon, too.

The List... Oh the list.  I think this has potential to be the most stressful part of our wedding.  I have a million people in my family.  Well, a million may be a slight exaggeration, but I do have lots of family.  Getting the guest list to a solid 150 is going to be VERY difficult.  Between my family, Jonathan's family & friends we could easily exceed the alloted 150.  Peoples feelings will be hurt, and I'll have to be the one to hurt them.  I hate that.  I just have to remember that we cannot please everyone.  

As for everything else, I think it will all work out nicely.  

I'm not doing anything lavish.  I want simplicity.  I also want everything to mean something.  So as for our center pieces, decor, etc, we are being practical.  I'm not a huge flower plan so that will all be done sparingly. 

I have a photographer who I am very excited to be working with.  I'm not certain she is available on our wedding date yet (as it has just changed) but I am at least using her for our engagement session.  She is super talented & just seems amazing!  Check out her site!  www.nancyrayphotography.com  Lemme know what you think.  Her photographs are beautiful, aren't they!?  

So things to still really tackle:
the list
venue tours
meeting with priest 
engaged encounter courses through church
DJ
cake
transportation
deciding on honeymoon destination
etc etc etc

until next time!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment